Mar 21, 2014

Wardrobe Essentials No. 1 // The Babydoll



Dress: Forever 21
Sandals: Urban Outfitters
Sorry for the blurriness! 

Instead of purchasing items that I think are 'cool' or 'different' I've really been into buying things I know that I will wear more than once, things that you can dress up or down, and just really essential items that should be in everyone's closets. Sometimes I just want to wear a regular white T-shirt and jeans to class, and believe it or not but I don't even own a regular white shirt. It's so important to have basic items in your closet because you can create so many looks with them, and sometimes simplicity really is key.

So in my quest to revamp my closet I think it's important for me to take you along on the ride!
Babydoll dresses are a must have for spring and summer. They're short, but they're not too short, and they're perfect balance of playful, flirty and "It's too damn hot to wear pants today."

I purchased this one from Forever 21 for ten dollars, and while it is a bit oversized I still think that it's a great piece. I do wish it had a more defined waist, as I find my body to become a little bit boxy within the dress, theres also a pocket on the dress and you probably can't tell, and I wish they had done a little something more with that as well. But I do suppose you get what you pay for, and I'm not complaining because a dress under fifteen dollars is a steal!

What's one of your spring essentials?

4 comments:

  1. I love this! Such a cute look, forever 21 is so good for dresses x

    www.nina-francesca.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that dress is cute, I've got a similar one from Topshop, my spring essential is vaseline, can't be getting them dry lips now LOOOL www.cheyennedavideblog.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely
    http://noveltyeye.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete